Various Fields In Building And Construction Business
It is seen that the construction business is a set of whole lot of processes that consist of building or the assembling the available infrastructure. Construction forms a section of the fields of architecture and civil engineering. There needs to be a sense of multitasking when it comes to the projects involving the construction of buildings on a large scale. The job of constructing architecture is initiated by a design manager and then the design is subject to laborers constructing the infrastructure which is then supervised by the project manager. There is a requirement of immense planning in the fields of construction. There also needs to be a consideration of how the environment surroundings will be affected when the project is put to work in the real world. Budgeting must be done well at appropriate stages in the project. The project should be scheduled well and orders to be placed on right time in order to avoid any construction delays.
In general, we can classify the construction business in the following three fields :
1) Construction of buildings
2) Construction of heavy infrastructures
3) Industrial construction
Each of the above mentioned fields of construction engineering requires a team uniquely set up to do the planning, designing, and construction and then keep the project going on.
Construction of buildings
It is the process by which the structure is added to a piece of real estate. Majority of all the building construction projects constitute of small renovations such as restructuring an apartment or renovation of a bathroom etc. The owner of such properties has a design plan in his mind usually which may be subject to changes owing to the civil engineering aspects. Care should be taken for building the structures since such structures that are not built taking into the strength of materials often are seen to fail in the form of a structural collapse. The buildings which are subject to the construction of residential complexes and commercial high rise buildings are often subject to the authority regulations and have to follow the codes of practice. The materials that are available locally are often used to build the buildings? structures. There is a factor calculated called as the cost per square meter or rather cost per square foot which depends largely upon the location of the site, regulations from the government bodies, the economic scale of the individual buyers etc. For e.g. the custom designed buildings are often costlier than the regular ones available. Careful planning needs to be implemented on the site of construction since the residential properties are responsible for the generation of lot of waste. The disposal of such waste through proper pipelines must be taken into consideration.
It is a very important aspect of the entire construction industry. It however forms a small part of the entire construction industry. The owners of the projects who take the charge of industrial constructions are always large corporations. They are large and usually profit oriented to the large amounts. Medicine, petrochemical business, generation of power, manufacturing sector etc. are the examples of industries that go for the requirement of industrial construction. It requires professionals with highly oriented towards planning, design, implementation, and construction. These types of projects are usually seen to be subject to a large number of legal hassles hence they should always keep on check that all the business so far conducted related to a project in heavy/ civil and industrial projects should lead to a successful completion.
It is described as a set of practices that a client undergoes in order to obtain a successful project on a building. There are many methodologies followed in the industry related to the procurement. However, we describe the following three aspects of procurement that are usually and commonly followed practices in the construction industry :
1) Traditional ( i.e. first design, then bid, then build)
2) Design and then build
3) Contracting through management
Although these three described above are the most followed and hence common practices, there are other factors of procurement as well. These include the emerging forms of procurement like laying an emphasis on a relationship between the principal and contractor. This is termed as the relationship contracting. New forms of procurement include Private Public Partnerships (PPPs).
There are a lot of options for having a career in the industry pertaining to construction which may or may not vary according to the country where the construction project is being implemented. However there are types of careers which are categorized into the four main tiers depending upon the skills that a person might have pertaining to the construction industry. They are listed below:
1) Unskilled and semi-skilled : Laborers with no educational background
2) Skilled : Managers who work on site for implementation and the monitoring of the projects
3) Technical : The design and the architectural team who decides the structures based upon the requirements considering the civil engineering aspects of constructions
4) Management : The team deciding the financing and the deadlines of the project Thus, in this article, we have explored the various fields that are related to the construction industry.
Related directory categories
Building Products Directory
Building Materials Directory
Swimming pool construction
Green Building Products
Metal Building Products
Construction Tools And Equipment
Related business articles
- How To Start A Construction Company?
- How To Become An Architect And Getting Started With Architect Business?
- How To Get Funds For Construction Business?
- Various Ways To Market And Advertise Construction Business
- What To Sell In Building Materials Business?
- Top Indian Construction Companies
- Guide To Manage A Construction Company
- How To Start A Junk Removal Business?
- How To Get A Construction Business Licence?
- How To Go For Demolition Business?
- How To Find Good Electrician For Home Construction Project?
- How To Find The Right Builder For Home Construction Project?
- Where To Look For Construction Jobs?
- How To Find Customers For Construction Business?
- Building And Construction Business